Unit 1 lớp 11: Writing
I. The following are some family rules. Complete them, using the phrases below. Add a few more if you can. (Dưới đây là những quy định trong gia đình. Sử dụng những cụm từ dưới đây để hoàn thành câu. Nếu có thể em hãy bổ sung thêm.)
1. My parents don’t let me stay out late at the weekend.
2. They make me keep my room tidy.
3. They tell me to take my studies seriously.
4. They warn me not to smoke or take drugs.
5. They want me to have good table manners.
6. I am not allowed to stay overnight at my friend’s house.
7. They forbid me to swear or spit on the floor.
II. Read the list in 1 again. Choose the three most important rules that your parents often apply to you. Think of the reason, and write them in the space provided. (Hãy đọc lại danh mục ở bài tập 1 rồi chọn ba quy định quan trọng nhất mà bố mẹ em thường áp dụng với em. Hãy nghĩ ra lý do và viết vào khoảng trống cho sẵn.)
1. One important rule in my family is that I have to take my studies seriously. My parents are workers. They don’t have chance to study much so they want me to have a better education than them. Studying is the most important task to me.
2. Another important rule in my family is that I have to respect the elderly. Respecting the elderly not only shows that you are well educated but also you are mature. I always respect this rule because I think it’s really important in my life.
3. The third important rule in my family is that I need to help around with the housework and other home duties. Helping parents is a good way to show that I am responsible and I love my parents. This make my parents happier after a hardworking day.
III. An English teenager is going to stay with your family for two months on a cultural homestay programme. Complete a letter to inform him / her of the rules in your family. Write between 160-180 words, using the suggested ideas in the list above. (Một bạn học sinh người Anh sắp sang ở lại trong gia đình em trong vòng 2 tháng theo chương trình giao lưu văn hóa. Hãy hoàn thành bức thư để báo cho bạn đó biết về những quy định trong gia đình em. Hãy sử dụng ý tưởng gợi ý trong danh mục trên đề viết bức thư dài khoảng 160-180 từ.)
Pham Ngoc Thach. Dong Da. Ha Noi, Viet Nam February. 10th. 20…
I’m very happy to know that you’ll be staying with my family for two months. We live in a four-bedroom flat on the 15th floor. You will have your own bedroom for your stay here.
You asked me about our family rules. There arc three important ones that we must follow.
One important rule in my family is that every member of the family has to keep his or her own room tidy. My brother and I have to make our beds every morning, and clean the floor and windows twice a week.
Another important rule is that my brother and I must be home before 10 p.m. My parents are very strict and believe that setting a curfew will help us becomc responsible, and stay sale and healthy.
The third important rule is that wc mustn’t invite friends to stay overnight. This is not only our family rule, but also the rule for ail people living in the building.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Wo will try our best to make you feel comfortable during your stay with us.
I hope you will enjoy your time in Viet Nam.
Looking forward to meeting you.